Monday, February 13, 2012

Indy Open GT Prep Tournament 2/4 and Best Painted!


I went out to Indy last weekend to get some Tournament Prep for the Indy Open GT in March.
I wanted to test out some units and to get an idea for the Meta, Paint Scoring and Terrain that will be used/seen out there. Warning PIC HEAVY!


I plan on taking Imperial Guard mainly because it is fully painted to the best standard I have thus far. I know that Paint scoring is a big part of a GT and wanted to capitalize on this aspect hopefully to push me up the ranks. I have been playing Imperial Guard in some iteration for over one year but hope to play them in depth in 2012, adding some needed fully painted units as I go.

Imperial Guard - Edge - I ended up with BEST PAINTED due to Player's Choice putting me at the top.

My list:
CCS Carapace, Officer, Plasmagun x4; Chimera HF, Dozer
Vets Harker, Meltagun x2, HF, Shotguns; Chimera HF x2, Dozer
Inf Plt:
PCS Meltagun x4; Chimera HF, Dozer
IS Flamer
IS Flamer
Vendetta SSHB
Vendetta SSHB
Bane Wolf HF, Dozer
Demolisher x2 SSPlasma ea, HF ea, Dozer ea
Exterminator SSHB, Lascannon, Dozer
Basilisk x2 HB ea

I wanted to test the Basilisks with my intended Mech playstyle, I have used the Basilisks before and loved them but they have fallen short in some Tournaments.

I wanted to test the viability of a Squadron of Demolishers due to the increase in Terminator meta.

I took the Exterminator to the last Tournament, I had SSPlasma but wanted to change to SSHB to look at its efficiency and survivability.

I took Harker because of the Missions and for that extra 'distractor' for the opponent.

I took a Bane Wolf HF instead of my normal Hellhound MM to see if it was worth the change due to the increase in MEQ meta.

IS units ride in the Vendettas.

There were alot of nice armies there as well as some heavy hitters from the area.
Check here for the info and results.

Armies on Display:

Black Templar



Vulkan - Scottydont



Grey Knights

Sisters of Battle



Marines - I don't know what Codex

Vanilla Marines

Blood Angels - The Gravemind

Space Wolves - Spaguatyrine




Imperial Guard




Imperial Guard

Orks - They setup this for the Paint judging

Imperial Guard


Daemons - Dodger3

Chaos Marines 


Eldar



Deathwing - I didn't get a pic of his FULL army

Not pictured, Dark Eldar

Battle reports to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts