Friday, January 14, 2011

Thousand Sons - Are they worth it?


I don't play Chaos, I am in good with the Emperor and He protects me.
I do however have this uncontrollable urge to examine the merits and qualities of a Thousand Sons Army.
My issue is this, are they worth it? Are they worth putting on the table and only having 5 or so 'units'. Is it another 'elite' army?

I like the look of the Thousand Sons, the Egyptian motif and (Heresy) color scheme.
I like the Army advantages; AP3 Inferno shots, 3+/4+ on everyone, Relentless Bolters are great!
I am unsure of the disadvantages: High model cost - 3 Units in Rhinos (8+1 Sorcerer) is pretty much all you get if you wanted any punch in your list.

I don't want to go the way of the Classic Chaos list and toss in some Oblits and other Chaos Glory. I wanted to stick to just Thousand Sons, being the Purist that I am...

I have gone over this list a few times and come up with two versions. Which one do you think is more competitive and/or what would you add/takeaway from it?

List 1:

Daemon Prince - Wings, MoT, Warptime and Wind of Chaos
Daemon Prince - Wings, MoT, Warptime and Wind of Chaos
Summoned Greater Daemon
Thousand Sons x8 Personal Icon + Asp Sorcerer w/ Doombolt ; Rhino w/ dozer
Thousand Sons x8 Personal Icon + Asp Sorcerer w/ Doombolt ; Rhino w/ dozer
Thousand Sons x4 Personal Icon + Asp Sorcerer w/ Doombolt ; Rhino w/ dozer
Summoned Lesser Daemon x5
Predator Destructor w/ Daemonic Possession
Vindicator w/ Daemonic Possession
Vindicator w/ Daemonic Possession

1850 pts


List 2:

Choas Lord w/ Daemon Weapon, MoT
Thousand Sons x19 + Asp Sorcerer w/ Warptime (walking across the board or holding an objective or two)
Thousand Sons x8 + Asp Sorcerer w/ Warptime in
Land Raider w/ Daemonic Possession, dozer
Thousand Sons x4 Personal Icon + Asp Sorcerer w/ Bolt of Change ; Rhino w/ dozer
Summoned Lesser Daemon x5
Predator Destructor w/ Daemonic Possession, dozer
Predator Destructor w/ Daemonic Possession, dozer

1848 pts


So which one?
List 1 I think has alot more punch and CC control. Demons and Vindis are great combo.
List 2 could be a mindf^*% for the opponent. Walking 21 TSons across the board...funny to think about.

I am trying to nail down a list before I go get the models...

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts