Sunday, January 23, 2011

Yottaquest Battle Reports 1/22/11 Game 1 vs Orks

The Tourney at Yottaquest went pretty well. There were 17 players, one dropped out so there was a buy each round for a few players. The Tourney was the first for the store and had some 'new' players there as well as some 'veteran' players.

Martial Law had 5 members to represent!

See my list here.

I know I said I was giving up the MEQ for 2011 but when I was packing up my IG I found I was missing 2 squads of Vets (they weren't fully assembled or painted) and didn't want to go with 2 Troops...oh well BA had to get me through!

The tables had plenty of room for supplies and the terrain was actually pretty good. Some tables were great, others were a little lite...overall good TLOS blocking. The only gripe I had regarding the tables...the support table underneath was one and should have two tables. They wobbled of you put pressure on one end and the dice rolled forever due to a slight slant.

I didn't take any pics because I it was a new venue for me and I didn't know about the time schedule.

Game 1 was vs a fellow ML Member Makari with Orks: Spearhead Annihilation
Mad Doc with Kommandos
Big Mek KFF with 11 Tank Bustas and Nob Tankhammer in a Deffrolla Battlewagon
Snikrot with 12 Kommandos
19 Boyz and Nob PK in Deffrolla Battlewagon
19 Boyz and Nob PK in Deffrolla Battlewagon
11 Boyz and Nob PK in Trukk

He deployed center with a Trukk to the right.
I deployed in a castle setup so the Libby could Shield everything and Scouted the Baal w/ Smoke to the right flank.

Turn 1:
His sent the Trukk toward the Baal, Boyz got out and assaulted..no effect.
His Battlewagons rushed forward 13.

I sent 3 Razorback to the left.
LRC, 2 Speeders and Razorback to the right.
Vindi and 2 Preds center.
The Baal toasted the Boyz, the Nob was left with 1 wound.
The Speeder popped one Battlewagon, Boyz got out to the left. Razorbacks killed a few Boyz, Preds killed a few Boyz.
LRC failed to pop a Battlewagon, Vindi failed to pop same Battlewagon. KFF sukks!
Razorback killed the lone Nob.

BA 2
Orks 0

Turn 2:
Kommandos come in...left flank and multi assault 2 Razorbacks and 1 Pred. they pop 1 Razorback and the Pred.
The Boyz mult assault the 3 Razorbacks.
The Tank Busta Battlewagon rolls forward 13 and hits the Vindi popping it...I forgot you measure from the Rolla (wargear) damn! I thought it was 15"..with the Rolla it was 12". The Boyz Battlewagon came towards the LRC and Razorback on the right.
The Trukk sped away to hide.

The RAS survived and flamed the Boyz.
Another RAS got out and flamed the Boyz.
The Baal and 2 Speeders came the right to get the Boyz Battlewagon. Between the LRC, 2 Speeders and Razorback, the KFF saved the Battlewagon.
The 2 RAS assaulted the Boyz. Stall.
The Pred killed a few Kommandos.

BA 2
Orks 3

Turn 3:
Boyz Battlewagon immobilized the Baal with a Ram.
Kommandos multi assaulted the Razorbacks, 1 Speeder and other Pred. Popping Pred, 2 Razorbacks.
The RAS finish off the Boyz.

LRC and Speeder Immobilize the Tank Bustas Battlewagon.
RAS flame the Kommandos. Razorback support. Kill a few. Cybork with FNP sukks!

BA 3
Orks 6

Turn 4:
Kommandos finish off the RAS.
Boyz get out and multi assault the Speeder and Razorback. Popping the Razorback.
Boyz Battlewagon pop the Baal.
Tank Bustas pop the LRC.

Libby Fears the Tank Bustas...they stick barely.
Libby goes for the Tank Bustas with Mad Doc. Killing him with the Force weapon.
RAS goes for the Boyz, flame them and kill a few. Stall.
Razorback pops the Trukk.

BA 5
Orks 10

Turn 5:
Tank Bustas kill the Libby.
Boyz kill the RAS.
Kommandos pop the Speeder.

Not much on the table for me...kill a few Boyz, Kommandos and Tank Bustas.

BA 5
Orks 13

Loss for me.

Hard fought against some Orks.
Did I ever mention... I HATE ORKS!!!

I should have played keep away with the FAST vehicles...dumbass play on my part. It didn't hit me until turn 3 when the KP was in his favor...oh well. I hate Orks.
Can Mad Doc join Snikrot and his Kommandos for the OUTFLANK?

3 comments:

  1. Nice report, can't wait for game 2 report of course I know how game 3 went.:) I don't know about Mad Doc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can Mad Doc join Snikrot and his Kommandos for the OUTFLANK?
    As an Ork player I'd go with a solid NO. The exact wording is that Snikrot allows the unit he leads to enter on any board edge. ICs such as Grotznick seem like they would NOT be part of the unit, but rather ICs that joined the unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked with the Codex...Snikrot's rule is not a USR...IC joining the unit do not negate the ability to use Ambush.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts