Monday, January 24, 2011

Yottaquest Battle Reports 1/22/11 Game 2 vs Space Marines

Vs Codex Space Marines

Mission was Pitched Battle, Sieze Ground. We had 5 objectives.
I won the roll and placed 3 on my 'side', 1 in ruin on the left, 1 on hill center, 1 in ruin on right. She had 2 on her 'side', 1 on hill to the left, 1 in ruin on the right. She won the roll to go first and chose the side with 2 objectives. She didn't want to walk around I guess...

I was paired up with a nice lady named Nikki. She said she normally played SoB but today she had Codex SM. She said she has only played a handful of games with the Marines.

The table had alot of terrain, mainly TLOS blocking and ruins. There was a HUGE piece of terrain with a 2 foot tower in the middle right of the board. She has 3 ruins on her side and a hill. I had 2 ruins, small wood and a hill on my side.

See my list here.

Her list as best as I can remember:
Cato
Libby Might of Ancients, Avenger
Command Squad: Champion, Vet PF PlasmaP, 2 Vets, Apothecary ; Drop Pod
Ironclad Dread std
Dread std
Dread std
Tactical squad Mg, LasC
Scout squadx5 HB, x3 Snipers, Telion, Camo Cloaks
Thunderfire Cannon, Techmarine
Vindicator Siege
LR MM

She deployed: She DID NOT bolster defences.
Thunderfire Cannon and Tactical squad in the OPEN in the middle left of the board.
All 3 Dreads in front right of the Tactical squad.
Scouts in the OPEN on the hill on objective to the left with the Vindicator in left corner.
LR to the right, empty.
Drop Pod Cato, Libby, Command Squad coming in turn 1.

I deployed in a diamond castle center right on the hill wth objective.
Top to bottom, left to right:
Vindi
Speeder, LRC, Speeder
Predator, Predator, Razorback, Razorback
Razorback, Razorback

Outflank Baal.

Turn 1: She looked at my deployment and said, "That looks very menacing. I don't know where to start."

Drop Pod comes down to the right of the castle 6" away from Razorback. It was behind the huge tower and I believe out of her direct vision. Command squad comes out. She said she wanted to leave them in the Drop Pod until next turn. ??? WTF I said they have to deploy. They can run or shoot. She deployed and nothing else.
Vindi didn't move. Scouts didn't move. Tactical squad moved 6". All 3 Dreads moved 6". LR didn't move.

My Libby made Shield power.

She tried to fire the Tac LasC...I said they moved...she said oh well. She fired the Thunderfire at the Predator...3 hits...nothing. She fired the Scouts at the Predator...nothing. She fired the 2 MM Dreads at the LRC out of 12"...nothing. She fired the LR at the LRC out of 12"...nothing.

??? She would proceed to fixate on my LRC for the ENTIRE game.
??? She didn't deploy her Troops in BOLSTERED COVER. 2+ Scouts would have been a bitch to get out...

I pushed the 2 Predators to the left out of 24" range. Razorback towards left objective. Vindi towards the Tac squad. LRC and 2 Speeder towards the Dreads. 3 Razorbacks backed up towards the right to face off the Command Squad, Cato, Libby.

I popped 1 MM Dread, Ironclad Dread with the Speeders. I fired the Vindi...killed 6 Tac, Thunderfire Cannon and 1 Scout. I popped the Drop Pod, Razorback fire killed 3 Command Squad. She DID NOT KNOW about FNP from Apothecary...I reminded her, otherwise she would have removed the entire squad.

Objectives:
BA 2
SM 1

Turn 2:
Command Squad moved to assault the Razorback.
MM Dread moved up.
Vindi moved up left flank.
Scouts, Tac squad, Techmarine LR - didn't move.

My Libby made Shield power.

Scouts fired at the Predator...nothing.
LR fired at the LRC...nothing.
Tac Las at the Predator...nothing.
MM Dread at LRC out of 12"...nothing.
Command Squad assaulted the Razorback...popped it, killed 1 Vet in the explosion and 1 RAS. I got out unpinned.

My Baal comes in left flank behind the Vindi...moves 12" towards the Scouts.
1 Speeder moves flat out right on other side of LR.
I move nothing else.

Baal flames the Scouts...all dead.
2 Predators and Vindi clear the Tac squad.
Razorback got 1 Rending hit on the Techmarine...dead.
RAS moved to Flame, Shoot and Assault Command Squad.
3 Razorbacks fire on the Command Squad.
Between the 4 units, they disappeared.
1 Speeder popped the MM Dread.
LRC fired at the LR...nothing.

She had Vindi, LR left.

Objectives:
BA 3
SM 0

Turn 3:
She fired Vindi at LRC...nothing.
LR at Speeder and LRC. Popped the Speeder...nothing on LRC.

I fired everything at the Vindi and LR.
Vindi weaponless and Immobile.
LR Stunned and Immobile.

Objectives:
BA 3
SM 0

Turn 4: I asked her if she wanted to call it because she had no troops and two immobile vehicles. She said, "Lets run it through." ??? OK

PotMS TLLasC at the LRC...nothing.

I fired 2 Predators and Razorback at Vindi...popped.
I fired Speeder, 3 Razorbacks and LRC at LR...popped.

Win for me...YEAH...I felt bad for her and didn't really feel good about the win.
I asked her why she didn't deploy in bolstered terrain...she said she normally plays SoB and isn't real familiar with SM...

You might ask yourself; Why didn't she take the SoB to the Tourney ???

Her Boyfriend who was playing behind us was playing her SoB...douschebag.

3 comments:


  1. You might ask yourself; Why didn't she take the SoB to the Tourney ???

    Her Boyfriend who was playing behind us was playing her SoB...douschebag.

    Will, who had her first game asked Fred this exact question, his response was that she knows C:SM BETTER than SoB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Nikki would have faired much better had she run with the SoB...she was looking up every rule or statline for the Marines every turn.

    Either way, I felt bad for her to be in that position. I hope to see her again but face off against her SoB...I might just bring mine down the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supposedly she wanted to be there. I had my gf ask about this learning 40k once, and didn't seem much reason to encourage it, just seen way too many guys drag their gf in when they don't want to be there. I mentioned this to Fred when he asked why my gf wasn't there, and he said that Nikki really wanted to be there.

    Long story short, it's very trying to deal with a newbie in a RTT, but at least you usually win! When I was using the 3rd edition Ork 'dex I ran into one guy who completely didn't know his dex, and he STILL beat me, the ork dex was so bad! :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts