Sunday, November 25, 2012

Epic Loot 2000 pt Tourney Results 11/24


I have been offline for a few months due to work (5 days off in 55 days prior to Turkey Day).
The computer is taken up by kids and pregnant wife.

I am getting back on track and hope to add some info to the site. For now all I can get in is today's post.

Epic Loot 2000 pt Tourney 11/24 Results:


1st - James - Grey Knights - 15 pts
2nd - Edge- Imperial Guard - 14 pts
3rd - Chris Bruer - Necrons - 11 pts
4th - Nate Gould - Eldar - 10 pts
5th - Tomas - Eldar - 9 pts
5th - Josh Drewer - Grey Knights - 9 pts
6th - Mark Graham - Vanilla SM - 8 pts - Best Painted
6th - Mark Taylor - Necrons / Grey Knights ally - 8 pts
7th - Rob - Chaos SM - 7 pts
7th - Christian - Chaos SM - 7 pts
8th - Justin Jones - Imperial Guard - 5 pts
9th - Steven - Dark Angels - 4 pts

I had a good time at this one, no issues with any players as the 6e rules are easier to grasp for beginners.

I have played almost 40 games in 6e now and have come to the realization, contrary to the interwebz, that parking lot IG or GK or VSM or BA is still a high-end list for tournament play.

Vehicle resilience is better in 6e now than it was in 5e, IMHO.
Target Priority and Threat Level presence will mitigate a total loss of a vehicle.

Battle Reports:

Game 1 vs Necrons/Grey Knights
Dawn of War - Crusade
My opponent was a Veteran player looking for Redemption from previous Tourneys.
I had too much barrage and blasts (Manticore and 3 LRBT's) that ignored cover (2 Colossus) to deal with his foot units and his vehicles. I had too much armor for his shooting to be effective.
By turn 4 it was clean up for me as he had less than 330 pts left on the table that didn't affect the mission so they were left alone.

I lost 745 pts. (Mainly Chimera hulls as was their purpose to hinder real threat loss and my LRBT x3 squadron to D-Lord CC.)

Minor Victory based on Mission pts. (1 DCA in cover and out of sight stoppped a Major Victory)


Game 2 vs Grey Knights
Vanguard Strike - Big Guns Never Tire
This game was against a Rookie player, a beginner to the game and to 6e. He did manage a Minor Victory rnd 1 so he had some skill already established or he got lucky.
His list was an Elite GK list that wanted to be a Toolbox list or a Toolbox list that wanted to be an Elite GK list. It didn't fit in either category.
I felt bad for punishing him early but again as was in rnd 1 for me, I had too much template fire that killed MEQ and he had 2 vehicles. MEQ on Foot in or out of cover still die to Colossus. He never came across them before and didn't know how to deal with them. He realized his Dreadknight would be effective on turn 3 but by then it was too late and they had already crippled his army. He had almost 800 pts tied up in his deathstar (GKGM, Libby, Termies in Crusader) that were cock-blocked by terrain and my movement. They wouldn't get out until turn 5 and really did nothing. He had a Vindicare that penetrated everything it hit each round but got Stunned results or were denied by Cover saves. He had the AGL with Icarus but that died to my first turn shooting along with the 10 MEQ that were in the AGL.

I lost 530 pts. (Mainly Chimera Hulls as was their purpose to hinder real threat loss, the Manticore and 2 Colossus - both from his Dreadknight)

Major Victory Max pts.


Game 3 vs Chaos Marines
Hammer and Anvil - Emperor's Will
This game was against an Average player.  He had the tools to deal with my IG and had twice as many Troops as I did but he didn't know how to deploy or counter my movements. I had the range on him and had the movement to deny him his assaults and shooting effectiveness.
I felt bad for tabling him turn 5 but I needed to pick up the pts to get to 2nd place.

I lost 450 pts. (Mainly Chimera Hulls and my CCS)

Major Victory Max pts.

MVP unit in ALL 3 games - LRBT sq x3 - Battlecannon, Lascannon, SSHB

I will see what I can do next week and hopefully take 1st place in this 2 weekend Tourney event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts