Saturday, December 1, 2012

Epic Loot Tourney Rematch 12/1


Today is the second Tournament in the Epic Loot two weekend Tournament series for their Iron Builder finale. The Tournament is a Double FOC with Allies, Fortifications and Forgeworld.

I was originally doing Tyranids for the Iron Builder but due to work constraints I did not have time to complete my last 500 pts so I did not take them to the last Tournament. I will get them done eventually.

I decided to take my Inquisitorial Imperial Guard. They are fully painted and have received Best Painted awards and high marks for many Tournaments in 2011 and 2012. I am comfortable using them and confident with my expectations for the Codex.


Last weekend I posted the results for the Tournament but failed to post my list I took...here was the list:

CCS Melta x2, Flamer x2, Power Sword; Chimera HF, HKM
x3 Demo Vets Melta x2, Flamer, Shotguns; Chimera HF, HKM
Vendetta SSHB
Vendetta SSHB
Manticore
x2 Colossus
x3 LRBT's Battlecannon, Las, SSHB

The list performed as expected and I did very well, placing 2nd overall 1 pt behind the winner.

This week I wanted to take advantage of the Double FOC and take my AirCav Imperial Guard.

This week's list:

CCS Melta x3, Flamer x1, Astropath, Bolt Pistol, Power Sword

CCS Melta x3, Flamer x1
Vets Melta x1, Flamer x2, Shotguns
Vets Melta x1, Flamer x2, Shotguns
Vets Melta x1, Flamer x2, Shotguns
Vets Melta x1, Flamer x2, Shotguns
Vendetta
Vendetta
Vendetta SSHB
Vendetta SSHB
Vendetta SSHB
Vendetta SSHB
Thunderbolt Hellstrike Missiles x4, Infrared Targeting
Marbo
Ratlings x3

Coteaz

Plasma Acolytes x3
Callidus

1999 pts

I know I have to place half rounded down on the table, 4 of 9 required units.

Coteaz, Acolytes, Ratlings (to counter infiltrators or gain board advantage) and 1 more unit.

Turn 2, I should have 6 of 7 Fliers and both Assassins coming in to wreak havoc. I would like to have a Comms Relay AGL but don't have it ready yet. This would ensure a Turn 2 Alpha Strike. For now though I am confident that I can obtain the desired results I wish for; a Turn 2 wipe out.

Casual play I would never attempt to do this to my opponent but for a Tournament and prize $ at stake:

Exitus Acta Probat; "The Outcome Justifies The Deeds".

The intent with this list is to play the Missions. I normally prefer a balanced list or semi-balanced list to take on all-comers. When the Missions are posted I take what I believe is hard-hitting and will succeed in the Missions.

This is the biggest factor in 6e I have learned; PLAY THE MISSION and NOT THE OPPONENT.


Last week the Missions were:
Dawn of War -Crusade
Vanguard Strike -Big Guns Never Tire
Hammer and Anvil – The Emperor's Will

I took more Heavy Slots and emphasized the Barrage Battery to counter dug-in Troops.

I did find that I could have used 1 more Troop in the 1st and 3rd Missions.


This week the Missions are:
Dawn of War -Purge the Alien
Vanguard Strike – The Relic
Hammer and Anvil – The Scouring

I am taking more Fast Attack Slots, 5 Troops and emphasizing the Hard to get KP for the 1st Mission.

Most Codices do not have access to anti-air in abundance. Necrons, Imperial Guard and now Chaos Marines...although almost every Tournament list should have an AGL with Icarus or Quad AC.

I compensated for this with the two Assassins, Marbo and Callidus. They should be able to deal with the AGL or Havocs.
I didn't take pics last week because I forgot my camera...it usually never leaves my game bag...last week I forgot to take my game bag with me.

This week will be plenty of pics.

Martial Law For The Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts