Saturday, March 9, 2013

CincyCon 2013 - CAGBASH - Game 1 Battle Report


Ready for a weekend of Blood for the Blood God!!!
Battle Report for the first game of CAGBASH 2013.


Here is my Army: 1850 pts
Chaos Primary:
Khorne DP with Axe of Blind Fury, Wings, PowerA, Warlord (Effectively a Bloodthirster)
Tzeentch Sorcerer with Burning Brand, Aura
3 units of 9 Tsons

Daemons Allies:
Bloodthirster BFBG, Unholy Might
Khorne DP Iron Hide, Wings, BFBG, Unholy Might
2 units of 8 Bloodletters


Game 1 vs Blood Angels
My opponent Phil McDaniels was a great guy.
His list was relatively standard for BA.

Astorath
Reclusiarch Term
6 Assault Terms 4x LC, 2x TH/SS
1 Priest Term PS
2x Priest Jumpers, Infernus, PS
Stormraven AC, MM
Tac squad x10 Meltagun, MM
2x Jumpers x10 Infernus, PS, Meltagun x1
ADL

He won the roll and deployed first.
Nightfighting in effect.

His Warlord Trait - Preferred Enemy in his dep zone

My Warlord Trait - Night Attacker
My Psychic Powers - Firestorm x3, Doombolt.

Scenario:
Scouring / Vanguard - 5 obj
6 turns
Slay Warlord, First Blood, Linebreaker

Blood Angels deployment:
Tac squad behind ADL (Redthirst)
Jumpers with Priest left
Jumpers with Priest and Astorath right

Reserves:
Stormraven
6 Assault Terms with Reclusiarch Term and Priest Term (Redthirst)

He has 1 obj in his deployment zone.


Tsons deployment:
2 units Tsons left flank
1 unit Tsons right flank
DP Warlord center

Reserves:
2 units of Daemons

I have 2 obj in my deployment zone, 1 obj on right within reach and 1 obj in center within reach.


SEIZE!

Tsons Turn 1:
So, the Chaos Gods smile upon me with a seize but decline my preferred wave. Fair trade.
2 units of Bloodletters coming in...


With favorable scatters and Runs, both units of Bloodletters land in his threat zone and my Warlord turboboosts behind his lines.
All 3 units of Tsons move up and fire what they can...killing a few marines.
I capture 2 obj and move to take another 2 obj...so far so good.


Blood Angels Turn 1:


He shoots some Bloodletters before the charges.
He sends 1 unit of Jumpers into each Bloodletter unit.
Astorath's unit wipes his charge (I was hoping 1 Bloodletter would stick) taking 1 obj.
The other charge does stick with 1 Bloodletter.

Tsons Turn 2:



Bloodthirster comes in center, ready to challenge his Reserves.
DP Khorne comes in right flank.
I move Tsons around to get range and take obj, now control 3 obj to his 1 obj.
I whittle the Tac squad to assist the Warlord.


Khorne Warlord charges the remaining Tac squad and wipes them.
The last Bloodletters kills one Jumper and dies.

Blood Angels Turn 2:

His Term/Reclusiarch/Priest unit comes in center.
His Stormraven flies on center and puts a few wounds on Bloodthirster.

No pic.

He moves his Jumper units around and wounds my Warlord.
He kills some Tsons.

Astorath's unit charges the Warlord. Astorath dies in Challenge and then combat sticks.

Tsons turn 3:


Bloodthirster moves near center and Stormraven.
I move the Tsons around.
I move the Khorne DP up to charge the Jumpers.
Tsons shoot and kill some Jumpers.
Tsons shoot but don't wound Terms then charge hoping to stick.

Warlord wipes the remaining Jumpers from Astorath's unit.
Khorne DP wipes the other Jumpers.


Blood Angels turn 3:

So with an empty Stormraven and a Term unit engaged, his turn is quick.
He fires at the Bloodthirster but does nothing.

Tsons survive another round of combat. I love Tzeentch!

No pic.

Tsons turn 4:


Warlord moves to center.
Khorne DP moves to center.

Bloodthirster charges the Term unit, combined with the Tsons wipes the unit.


Game ends with me controlling 2 obj and his lone Stormraven in the center of the board.

He gets First Blood.
I get Slay Warlord and Linbreaker.

WIN 5 to 1

Action shot of me in red.

Good start to day. Not as many points as I would like but the tourney is Win/Loss and then points.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts