Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yottaquest Lazy Sunday 1000 pt Tourney - Games 1, 2 & 3 Recaps


Yottaquest is always a good time when I go down. It's a little more than an hour drive south. I like to take different lists down than what I would normally play, not because the meta is weaker or the players are less. It is because the Missions are always RANDOM. Everyone plays a different mission. I have some other posts about this issue but after a few tournies with this format I have adapted my lists and playstyle to meet the requirements.

My list:
Coteaz
Xenos Inq Psych and Rad grenades, Psyker HH, ForceW
Henchmen - DCA x4; Razorback Psy, Dozer
Plasma Acolyte x3; Razorback Psy, Dozer
Plasma Acolyte x3; Razorback Psy, Dozer
Psyfleman
Dreadknight NGS, HPsycannon, HIncinerator
Vindicare

See my intial post here.

Game 1 vs Necrons (Warmonger)
Lord Veil, Orb
Warriors x10
Warriors x12
Destroyers x4
Destroyers x4

Warmonger and I always have a good game.
He brought his Necrons out to play because he is pumped about the upcoming Codex.
We had Spearhead, Seize (3 obj) Left, Center and Right Center.
He won the roll and setup in his quarter.
Warriors in terrain together with the Lord on the right. Destroyers to their left flank.

I setup far back in my quarter around 30" from his Warriors and behind LOS blocking terrain from his Destroyers. Psyfleman and 2 Razorbacks on an obj. Dreadknight and Coteaz center.
I infiltrated Vindi on the right just inside 24" to his Lord.

Turn 1:
He did some minor damage to 2 of my Razorbacks.

I put some Destroyers down, put some Warriors down and Vindi put a wound on the Lord.

Obj: Me 1-0

Turn 2:
Some of the Destroyers and Warriors got back up.
He did some minor damage to 2 of my Razorbacks and Immobilzed Coteaz/Xenos Inq/DCA ride just outside 14" from his Warriors.
He realized he forgot about the Vindi turn 1 and put a wound on him.

I put some more Destroyers and Warriors down.
I put a TURBO-PEN shot into the Lord and he went away. I love the Vindicare.
Now there will be no Veil...or Orb...Warmonger's plans went to shit and he knew it.

Obj: Me 2-0

Turn 3:
Some of the Destroyers and Warriors got back up. He wrecked 1 Razorback and killed the Vindi.

I put some more Destroyers and Warriors down. Coteaz/Xenos Inq/DCA got out of their pill box and tried to make a run for the terrain.

Obj: Me 2-0

Turn 4:
His Destroyers had to consolidate into each other and his Warriors were still 75%... He killed off the DCA and Xenos Inq and put a wound on the Dreadknight.

I put some more Destroyers and Warriors down and got the Dreadknight into CC with the Warriors, they run and I consolidate toward them but still in charge range ot the other unit.

Obj: Me 2-0

Turn 5:
Some of his Destroyers got back up. His dice were on fire for the WBB.
Small unit of Warriors run off the board.
He killed Coteaz and dropped one of the Acolytes to 1 man.
His other Warriors move into position to possibly claim/contest 2 obj.

I put some more Destroyers down.
I get the Dreadknight into CC with the other Warriors, wiping them.

Obj: Me 2-0

WIN

I don't think he phased out but he didn't have enough left to do anything and it ended on turn 5.

Warmonger and I got some NEW CLUB DICE just before the Tourney thanks to Drkmorals...they were on fire for both of us really. We kept telling the world all day, "I love these dice!"

Minor note here: Warmonger and I got some McD's beforehand and after the game I went to get my last burger and the bag was gone. He threw the bag away...says he thought it was trash. I dunno...he was smiling...anyway I got my bag from the garbage and ate my burger. The trash was a new bag, a few pop bottles in it...


Game 2 vs Orks (Drkmorals) [The Emperor's Codex]
His list is here.
His batrep is here.
He took the pics. I can give you my 2 cents but his is better...

Game went 7 rounds. A knockout dragout fight.

Always a pleasure to play C. Thanks.

DRAW


Game 3 vs Necrons (Anthony)
Lord Veil and Shooty Staff
2x Warriors x10
2x Destroyers x4
Spider

First time I played Anthony, he is a good guy and I think a new player.
We had Pitched, Capture.
I won the roll and took first turn. I setup with Razorbacks to either side, Coteaz and Dreadknight in the middle and Psyfleman on the hill with a unit of Acolytes to guard my obj.

He setup with the Spider, both Warriors and Lord on his obj on the left and both Destroyers on the right.

I infiltrated Vindi on the left across from his Lord.

Turn 1:
I moved Coteaz, Dreadknight and Acolytes up to his obj.
Vindi put a wound on the Lord.
I put some Destroyers down.

He turbo-boosted 1 unit of Destroyers out of terrain losing 1, landing in terrain losing 2. The lone Destroyer fled on the morale check.
He moved the other unit around the terrain.
He Veiled Lord/Warriors right into my lines behind everything on the left. (I have no idea why).
He put rapid fire shots and Shooty Staff into Dreadknight...nothing.

Turn 2:
I moved the empty Razorback toward his Destroyers to ensure they keep running.
Coteaz/Xenos/DCA got out of their ride and moved towards the Lord/Warriors.
Dreadknight and Acolytes moved toward his obj.
I put some Destroyers down.
Vindi put 2 Wounds into the Spider.
Coteaz and crew wiped the Lord/Warriors, thanks to Pychotrokes they hit automatically...they didn't have a chance.

Unfortunately for Anthony his WBB rolls failed him, almost everything that went down stayed down.
He was kind of suprised about losing his Lord.
His Destroyers kept running.
His Destroyers put some shots into the Psyfleman taking off an arm.

Turn 3:
I moved Coteaz and crew back to their ride and moved the Acolytes and Dreadknight up towards his obj.
I put some more Destroyers down.
Razorbacks killed the Spider.
The Dreadknight put 75% of the Warriors down with a direct hit. He had 2 Destroyers alive, 1 Destroyer fleeing and 4 Warriors left.

He made some WBB and had 8 models up, so no phase-out. His single Destroyer fled off the table.

Turn 4:
I killed the last of the Destroyers and brought the Warriors to 1 model.

He managed to get 1 more Warrior up but no where close to getting above his phase-out.

WIN

Top table and another Necron player.
This is actually the 5th Necron game I have played at these 1000 pt Tournies. They are solid for the pts and fun to play/play against. I really didn't have much experience playing against Necrons prior to going to Yottaquest.
But this is why I leave my local meta...to get more XP...gotta buff up my armor and weapons and make it to the next level right?

I ended up taking 1st place. A nice showing for my first Tourney with GK.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta agree I really enjoy travelling to play new meta and new people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts