Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Buckeye Battles 7/13 - Last 5e Tournament


This is the last 5e Tournament for me in this area. This has always been a good time, good meta and good guys. This year Martial Law is going in strength with 8-10 of us carpooling the long trek to Columbus (about 2 hours). I was looking forward to this event up until the 1st of July, now almost all of my thoughts are on 6e...

I couldn't decide on what to bring, I started Buckeye Battles with Imperial Guard and they have given me good points boost for paint and composition...I ended up deciding on taking them one last time before they go back in the case to sit for a long while.

I wanted to take Thousand Sons but I couldn't get my transports finished in time due to family and work.

Imperial Guard is still a solid Codex and gives me the opportunity to play with some of the toys I love in the Codex. I fared well last year and even though this is a Forgeworld Tournament, I didn't take any and still did very well. The winner last year didn't have any FW in his list. I believe this year I will get a better glimpse of what to expect from FW for 6e in the upcoming Tournaments.

I expect to do well in Battle pts, Paint and Overall but am using this Tournament as a stepping stone into 6e Tournaments. I believe the FW units that will be coming into the light on a more frequent basis will make appearances here.

The Missions are pretty Basic and my interpretation is that each game is meant to kill, kill, kill...not much else. I expect to see plenty of FNP, 2+ and MC's there. I plan on a basic list. Easy day, Easy games.

My 1850 list:
CCS Plasma x4, Chimera HF
3x Vets Meltagun x3, Shotguns, Chimera HF
Vendetta SSHB
Vendetta SSHB
Hellhound HF, Smoke
Exterminator Las, SSHB
Executioner x2 HF, SSPlasma
Manticore HF

Simple.
Basic.
Effective.

3 Scoring
14 KP
High Damage output at multiple range bands
I love the Scatter die and roll them like a BOSS!

I know it's not super efficient nor is it super competitive but I am looking forward to one more day of fun and murder with the 73rd Hellions...

1 comment:

  1. If you're interested, we're running our final 5th Ed tournament on the 21st in Indianapolis.

    $2000 in prize support, including a fully-painted IG army.

    It was good meeting you last time, and hopefully there are a few of you that would like to throw down in Indy.

    http://indy40k.blogspot.com/2012/06/were-giving-away-entire-army.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts