Thursday, February 17, 2011

KY Con II Battle Reports 2/12/11 Game 1 vs Witch Hunters

The first game of the day was versus Toren and his borrowed Witch Hunters. Wayno normally plays a similar list and places high or wins most tourneys with it so I knew I was in for a hard game.

One funny note is that his Blue Marines matched my Blue Vets almost perfectly...they had my Razorback and I wanted it back!!!

Remember the games were on a 4x4 table.


Toren's list as best remembered:
DH Inq Lord PHood, Psycannon, Mystic x2, Servitor HB
WH Inq Lord Vet IG x2 Plasma, Servitor HB
IST x5 Plasmagun x2 ; Chimera
IST x5 Plasmagun x2 ; Chimera
Exorcist
Exorcist
Exorcist

Tac squad Mg, LasC
Tac squad Mg, LasC ; Razorback Las/Plas

See my list here.

Mission was Annihilation Spearhead 10/5/2 - Bounty Hunt highest enemy unit +3 - Select Unit +1

I won the roll and deferred.
His Select Unit was the same as Bounty Hunt - my Executioner.
My Select Unit was an Exorcist. Bounty was another Exorcist.

Deployment:
This table was my favorite to play on because of the large center piece that made a Mech army use some actual TACTICS. There wa about a 1 gap underneath the landing pad. It made both Toren and I think about TLOS for our vehicles.


Toren tried to hide/bunker down by the one piece of terrain in his deployment.

I setup for the Spearhead assault to flank both sides of his army and give my tanks some good cover.

Turn 1:
His Exorcists could hit (they would average about 4 a piece for the entire game), but they could hardly pen and when they did...Shaken, Stunned and Weapon Destroyed results.

On the left flank, he ended up blowing off one HF turret from the Chimera.

On the right flank, he stunned the Chimera.

I moved up to give both flanks cover...I believe I killed some marines in the woods and shook/stunned a Chimera.

Turn 2:

My CCS Valkyrie didn't make it in...
On the left flank, he moved his IST's and Razorback up...IST's got out and tried to pop some of my
$&!#...he stunned the Chimera.

On the right flank, he tried to get the two Russes, popping the main Plasma Cannon...


On the left flank, I moved up to rapid fire some Plasma...his IST's went a running.
I wrecked his Chimera with mine and wrecked his Razorback with the Demolisher. Tac squad got out in position to get me back.

On the right flank, I shook an Exorcist...


Turn 3:
CCS Valkyrie is in on the right flank...ready for some close assault meltagunning action.

On the left flank, his IST's kept running. The Mg Tac squad moved inside the building and popped the Demolisher cannon, but the tank is still moving. His Exorcist popped the ML off of the Chimera.

On the right flank, his Exorcists failed to do anything. He moved the IST Chimera to give some cover to the two Exorcists.


On the left flank, both Chimera and Demolisher HF the Tac squad in the building followed up with rapid fire Plasma...squad gone. The other Vet squad moved up under cover towards the IST's.

On the right flank, Plasma shakes the IST Chimera. The CCS deploys from the Valkyrie and wrecked the Exorcist.


Turn 4:
On the left flank, his Exorcist shakes the Chimera.

On the right flank, his IST's return the favor and rapid fire plasma into the CCS, they stick. While the other Exorcist pops the Valkyrie.

On the left flank, lucky Plasma takes out the Exorcist. The Chimera moves over the wreckage of it all to keep the IST's running.

On the right flank, the Demolisher wrecks one of the Exorcists. The CCS stun the Chimera.

Turn 5:
By the end of his turn he can't get enough KP to overcome a loss.

Good game against Toren to start the day off, puts me in 3rd after round 1.

End result was a WIN for me 13-2 with KP 8-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts