Thursday, February 24, 2011

KY Con II Battle Reports 2/12/11 Game 3 vs Deamons

The third game of the day was against the birthday boy himself, Wayno and his Fateweaver Deamons.
This would be the first time we have played each other.


Wayno's list as I remember:
Fateweaver
DP Khorne
DP Tzeentch
DP Tzeentch
Plaguebearers x6 icon
Plaguebearers x6 icon
Flamers x3
Khorne Bloodcrushers x4 wound allocation on all
Khorne Bloodcrushers x4 wound allocation on all

See my list here.

Mission was Secure Objective (3" from Central Obj) - Spearhead 10/5/2 -Table Quarters +3 - Select Unit +1

Wayno won the roll and deferred.

Deployment and Turn 1:
Since I had to deploy and take first turn, I set up kind of spread across the quarter I was in ready to move left and right and have a clear view of the Center Obj...

He got Flipped and brought in two units of Plaguebearers, DP Tzeentch, Flamers,,,he tried to hide the little buggers in the center behind the wall....
"I see Demons and they don't know they are dead yet..."

Turn 2:
I move up across the left Bridge.
I double Demolisher the Plaguebearers and DP Tzeentch in the Center...killing 3 Plaguebearers and 2 wounds on DP Tzeentch.
I send Plasma to the Plaguebearers on the top with Vets and Executioner...leaving 1 lone Plaguebearer.
I ML the Flamers...killing 1.

He gets one Khorne Bloodcrusher thanks to MotF...I love him! Drops them below the left Bridge.

Turn 3:
I get the CCS Valkyrie and bring it on the right flank.
I move up the left Bridge, shuffle the Lemans.
I send more Plasma at the last Plaguebearer up top with the Vets killing it and get ready to move into the top building.
I Executioner the Center Plaguebearers and DP Tzeentch. 1 lone Plaguebearer left and 1 more wound on DP Tzeentch.
I Demolisher and Plasma Vet the Khorne Bloodcrushers on the left putting 1 wound on all of them.
I Demolisher the Flamers...they disappear.

He gets Fateweaver up top and the DP Tzeentch to the right of my Executioner.
He sends his lone Plaguebearer up to the Vets.
He pops the Chimera in the Center.
He stuns the 2 Chimeras up top.

The slap fight between the Vets and 1 Plaguebearer begins.

Turn 4:


I shuffled the Lemans.
I moved the Melta Vets up to the building on top.
I moved the Plasma Vets around the Chimeras to get Fateweaver.
I Executioner and Valkyrie the DP Tzeentch to my right...killing it with 9 hits and 6 wounds...he fails all but 1 of his saves!
I double Demolisher the left Khorne Bloodcrushers killing 2.
I Plasma Fateweaver putting 2 wounds on him...he stays around.

The slap fight continues.

He gets his other Khorne Bloodcrushers and DP Khorne in the Center.
He wrecks 1 Chimera and stuns the other up top.
Fateweaver kills most of the Plasma Vet squad...they stick.
He tries to turn my Vet sarge into a SPAWN...I told him you can't do that to IG...he saves!
The Emperor Protects Me.

The slap fight continues.

Turn 5:
The Center is where it is at...
He has 2 units of Khorne Bloodcrushers, DP Khorne and Fateweaver guarding the Center objective.

I deploy the CCS on the right flank.
I shuffle the Lemans.
I move the Melta Vets across the top building.
I move the Plasma Vets in range of the Khorne Bloodcrushers.

I send everything I have at the Khorne Bloodcrushers, DP Khorne and Fateweaver...a few wounds on the new Khorne Bloodcrushers.

The slap fight continues.

He hits the Plasma Vets and they stick.

The slap fight continues.

Turn 6:

I send everything I have again into the Center...a few wounds...Fateweaver is a BASTARD!!!

The slap fight continues.

He wrecks the other Chimera up top.

The slap fight continues.

Nurgle is a ridiculously hard for Vets to kill. I think a PF is going into the Vets squads...

End result DRAW with 6/6 and 5/3 KP putting me in 5th place after round 3.

Another great game vs Demons. He had less shooting which helped me out.
Fateweaver is still extremely difficult to tackle with out a solid CC unit.

Thanks Bday boy for the great game and a Draw is a good start to our meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts