Monday, May 16, 2011

CAG BASH Mission 3 vs Grey Knights - Stormraven


No pics for this one. Tourney prep game for the upcoming CAG BASH 2011.

We played Mission 3:
Diagonal Deployment
Primary: Obj Center
Secondary: KP
Tertiary: 3 Obj scatter 4d6 off center, if hit a unit Blast S6 AP2
Tactical Bonuses:
+1 - Most expensive unit alive end of game
+1 - No HQ dead
+1 - Control 2 Tertiary Obj
+1 - 2 Troops alive end of game

My list:
CCS Plasma x4, Carapace, CC Plasmap, Krak ; Chimera HF
2 units Vets Plasma x3, Grenadiers, Shotguns, Sgt Plasmap ; Chimera HF
2 units Vets Mg x2, Fl, Shotguns
2 Vendettas SSHB
2 Executioners SSPlasma, HF, Dozer
1 squad Basilisks x2

His list from memory:
Libby - Quicksilver, Shrouding, Might, other stuff
5 units GKSS x5 Psycannon, Halberds ; 3 Psybacks
2 Stormravens MM, SSHurB, TLAssC
2 Psifleman Dreads

I won the roll. Deployed to provide me cover for Basilisks and Plasma Vets.
He essentially had no TLOS cover for his vehicles.
I scouted both Vendettas up either flank and dropped off the Vets in front of his Psifleman Dreads.
He didn't Seize.

Deployment:
I positioned in a mirror layout.
Left to center and same center to right.
Vendetta Melta Vets
Executioner
Plasma Vets
CCS center
Basilisks in corner in cover
Plasma Vets
Executioner
Vendetta Melta Vets

He had both Stormravens together on my left. Libby and GKSS in one, GKSS in other.
Psifleman Dread on either flank.
3 Psybacks triangle center left corner.

All 3 Tertiary Obj scattered towards my long edge, essentially all within 18" of each other, hitting nothing.

Turn 1:

I moved forward with the Mg Vets  and brought the Vendettas back along the flanks.
I moved the Executioners along either flank.
I moved the CCS up towards Center Obj.
I fired the Basilisks at the 3 Psybacks which were all with a 4" area. Barrage hit 2 Psybacks and Glanced all 3 Psybacks, 1 hit twice. Immobilzed one, Wrecked one and Stunned Weapon Destroyed other. No GKSS Pinned.
I fired the Vendettas at the Stormravens, he got his Shrouding off...crap. Stunned both.
I fired the Executioners at the open GKSS, wiping them.
I popped left Psifleman with Melta Vets and Immobilzed right Psifleman with Melta Vets.
CCS Weapon Destroyed Immobilized Psyback.
Chimera fire was ineffective.

He got his Fortitude off for both of the Stormravens.
He moved both Stormravens flat out forward together.
He got the two GKSS out of the Psybacks and moved into cover.
He fired the Psfleman on the Melta Vets, killing 3, they stick.
He fired the Psycannon on the right Vendetta, Shaking it.

Turn 2:

I moved the Shaken Vendetta back flat out.
I moved the left Vendetta to position on the Stormraven.
I moved the Executioners to position on the GKSS in cover.
I moved the CCS up to cover the Center Obj.
I moved the Plasma Vets to cover 2 of the Tertiary Obj.
I moved the left Melta Vets into cover.
I popped the right Psifleman with Melta Vets.
I fired Vendetta and both Executioners at the Stormravens...Shrouding and Flat out is carp...both Stormravens Stunned.
I hit the Psybacks with another Basilisk Barrage. Wrecking both...No GKSS Pinned.
Multilaser fire from the Chimera netted 1 of 5 and 2 of 5 GKSS.
Plasma Vets and CCS netted another 2 of 5 and 2 of 5 GKSS. Both ran...1 more died to Dangerous Terrain. Leaving the 2 man GKSS to run again due to the Melta Vets flanking them.

2 man GKSS ran off...yay for me!
He got his Fortitude off for both of the Stormravens.
He moved both Stormravens up and deployed Libby GKSS squad and GKSS squad left of center to go after Center and 2 Tertiary Obj.
MM fire from both Stormraven popped left Executioner and one Plasma Vet Chimera.
Psycannon fire from the GKSS wiped the Plasma Vets in the wreckage.
The Libby assaulted the CCS Chimera. Stunned...Might doesn't always get you what you want...

Turn 3:

I moved the Melta Vets back into left Vendetta and positioned on the Stormravens.
I moved the right Vendetta to position on the Stormravens.
I moved the right Executioner to position on the GKSS.
I moved the Plasma Vets toward the Libby unit.
I disembarked the CCS toward the Libby.
I popped one Stormraven with left Vendetta, Shrouding was 1" away...yay for me!
I Stunned the other Stormraven with the right Vendetta. Shrouding saved a Pen hit...
Combined fire between the CCS and Plasma Vets and Multilaser netted the GKSS attached to the Libby.
Executioner fire netted the Libby.
Basilisk Barrage netted the GKSS and my CCS unit...oh well.

His dice were not the best but he tried...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts