Wednesday, January 25, 2012

EGC 1/21 1850 RTT Results & Game 1 vs Chaos Marines


The local RTT that happens every 2 months like clockwork was this past weekend. It almost always has a great turnout of players and diversity in Codex.

I went down with Exitus Acta Probat1 (Mike W), DrkMorals (Charles T), Makari (Sean), Crawling Chaos (Brian L), Warmonger (Eric M) and Diamond Dickie. The 7 of us were almost half the field.

Tourney used Adepticon Missions and Scoring.
Ranked by number of Wins, then Objective points, then by Victory points.

The field of Codex with Wins, Objective points and Victory points were:
1 Justin C - Orks - 3W 6 3807
2 Eric M - Necrons - 3W 6 3078
3 James C - Grey Knights - 2W 7 4558
4 Mike W - Blood Angels - 2W 6 2560
5 Charles T - Grey Knights - 2W 5 3402
6 Mark T - ? - 2W 4 3233
7 Edge T - Imperial Guard - 2W 4 2971
8 Brian L - Daemons - 2W 4 1572
9 Russ - Imperial Guard - 1W 5 3592
10 Sean - Vanilla Marines - 1W 5 3120
11 James B - Tyranids - 1W 5 3102
12 Dickie - Vanilla Marines - 1W 5 1923
13 Mike - Imperial Guard - 1W 4 2728
14 Joe - Eldar - 1W 3 2296
15 Kevin K - Necrons - 1W 2 2766
16 Ryan - ? - 0W 2 2442
17 Jason M - Chaos Marines - 0W 1 2422
18 Jan T - Space Wolves - 0W 1 845

I brought Imperial Guard, 1 of 3 at the event. I am prepping for the Indy Open GT in March and have a few Tourneys until then to get the List worked out.

Here's what I took:
CCS Melta x3, Flamer; Chimera HF
Vets Plasmagun x3, Shotguns; Chimera HF
PCS Melta x3, Flamer; Chimera HF
IS Flamer
IS Flamer
HWS Autocannon x3
HWS Autocannon x3
PBS x6; Chimera HF
Hellhound HF
Vendetta SSHB
Vendetta SSHB
Exterminator SSPlasma, Lascannon
Demolisher SSPlasma, HF
Demolisher SSPlasma, HF

6 Scoring units
14 KP not 18 KP like I thought, because of the new IG FAQ, Platoon was 1 KP + 1 KP for Chimera

Thoughts:
I knew I might be lacking in LR firepower vs Mech but took the risk knowing that both Demolishers, PCS, CCS and Hellhound would be in midfield.

I knew I would have enough Troops for Quarters and 5 Obj Missions.

I was trying some units I don't normally use...HWS Autocannons and Exterminator.

Game 1 vs Chaos Marines - Khorne Beserkers [Jason M]
Last time we met, I tabled him with Sisters by turn 3. His list was better this time and also a better game this time. Good guy to play against.

His list:
Khorne Chaos Lord Daemon weapon
Dreadnought PlasmaC, HF
Khorne Beserkers x8 PlasmaP x2, Skull Champ PF, PlasmaP; Rhino Combi-Flamer
Khorne Beserkers x8 PlasmaP x2, Skull Champ PF, PlasmaP
Land Raider Posession
Defiler stock
Chaos Marines x9 Plasmagun, Lascannon, Aspiring Champ PlasmaP; Rhino Combi-Flamer
Chaos Marines x9 Meltagun, Lascannon, Aspiring Champ PlasmaP; Rhino Combi-Flamer
Summoned Greater Daemon

Mission: Adepticon 2011 #1 Cleansing Siege; Spearhead, KP, Quarters, HQ 6" of Center
I won the roll and put him in a corner with little LOS cover and gave me clear fire lanes.

Deployment:



No Seize:

Turn 1:
I almost always run with Dozers. Tried the list without...Dozers are ALWAYS in from now on...
BUY A DAMN DOZER!

This was the only real action.
I put my CCS in front of my Plasma Vets...I thought I placed them reversed...dumbass!
I planned to put the Plasma Vets in position to get his Lord out into the open. Nope, the CCS had to take them out.

Moved PCS up to get top quarter.
Moved Plasma Vets to get midfield position.
Moved the Hellhound 18" to get bottom right position.
My shooting resulted in a Shaken Rhino, a Stunned Rhino and Immobilized Land Raider.

He moved his Shaken Melta Rhino up top left side to position for top quarter and side shots.
He moved his Defiler back, out of range of Vendettas.
He assaulted my CCS Chimera with Khorne Beserkers and Lord, blew it and now the battle for the Center begins.

Turn 2:

Moved the Vendetta flatout left top side.
I RAMMED the Dreadnought with the Hellhound at 16.5", he tried DoG, blew the Primary weapon off = FAILED, I Wrecked the Dread.
PCS Wrecked the Melta Rhino at top.
Demolisher wiped the Chaos to the Aspiring Champ. SHIT! Here comes the Daemon!
Demolisher wiped the Khorne Beserkers attached to the Khorne Lord and moved CCS into cover. Positioned the Plasma Vets to support the CCS and get closer to the Land Raider.

He forgot to move his other Khorne unit.
He popped the Vendetta bottom, unit ok.
He Wrecked the Vendetta top, unit ok.
He Wrecked the Hellhound.
He assaulted the CCS with Khorne Lord, CCS stuck.

Turn 3:
Reserves are in!


I moved a little to get position.
PCS shoot at Champ but he saves cover.
Demolisher popped left Lascannon from Raider.
HWS Shakes top Rhino.
Demolisher Shakes Khorne Rhino.

Daemon comes in and wipes the PCS, consolidates 1".
Khorne Rhino pops smoke.
Khorne Lord wipes CCS but not without taking a wound.

Turn 4:

The Rhino in front of the Raider isn't in play, it's the popped Khorne Rhino.
Chimera moves 12" and rotates top.
Infantry gets in Chimera top to avoid Daemon.
Demolisher moves away from Daemon.
Plasma Vets moves up to get position on center safe behind the Raider as cover.
Plasma Vets take out Khorne Lord.
Exterminator and HWS put some wounds on Daemon.
Demolisher pops Khorne Rhino. (popcorn rhino hehe =)

His shooting is not effective. With only a Defiler, Lascannon and ineffectual Raider, not much he can do.
Daemon moves but is out of charge range.
Berserkers pop Plasma Vets Chimera.

Turn 5:

Infantry Chimera top move away again and deploy in terrain out of sight.
Demolisher moves away from Daemon.
Demolisher pops Land Raider.
Plasma Vets move away from Berserkers, not enough to get cover. (I completely forgot there was a full 10 man unit in top Rhino)
Demolisher and Plasma Vets wipe Berserkers.
Exterminator and HWS finish the Daemon.

Chaos unit gets out of Rhino and wipes the Plasma Vets in the open with shooting. (I usually run Grenadiers...they would have survived the salvo)

Endgame:
He didn't realize HWS are Troops to claim a Quarter...gave me the WIN! 2-0
Won on KP. Won on Quarters. We both lost HQ for Center early on.

Good game to start the day. Puts me in 3rd with VP I believe.


After thoughts:
I liked the Exterminator in this round. It replaced my usual Executioner. Relatively safe from enemy fire and put out punishment every round. Suprisingly the Lascannon hit every round.

PBS was ineffective this game.

Demolishers performed like expected.

Vendettas...they are slowly working there way out of my lists I believe.

Hellhound...I love this unit. He was completely taken off guard by a 16.5" RAM. I usually run it with a Multimelta, I think I will put it back on so I don't have to ram.

HWS did exactly what I intended for them to do and survived the game. Autocannons provided firepower and minimized the threat level of attraction.

Plasma Vets...they get Grenadier. I was so used to running them with it, I started to roll saves...looked at the list and said SHIT they didn't get the Carapace this time.

Games 2 and 3 coming shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Nice report Edge! You should put a link on the ML site. Looking forward to the others!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts