Tuesday, January 10, 2012

List of the Week - Tyranids MC


If you have been following along, I want to get into Tyranids to expand my play base and strengthen my foundation. I was always hesitant to play them, worried to play against them and could not wrap my head around the whole Bug thing. I have since, had a long interest in building lists, no worries when they hit the table and believe I understand them now. I am not talking about the 'interwebz lists' that say that unit is critical or this unit is crap. I am talking about the upcoming 6th ed and what it could do for Bugs.


2000 pts:
Swarmlord  280
H-gaunt x21  126
H-gaunt x21  126
Genestealers  x7  98
Hive Guard x2  100
Hive Guard x2  100
Venomthrope
Ravener x3-Rending  105
Trygon Prime-TS  250
Carnifex x2-2 TL Brainleech each  380
Carnifex x2-2 TL Brainleech each  380

This gives me 18" primary Synapse and 12" secondary Synapse.
Those that fall out of Synapse have Feed, so they will get to where I need them anyway. If they fallback, they fall into Synapse and are ready to go again.
35 T6 Wounds - relative immunity to small arms fire (S6 or less). The only single wound models are Troops.
7-9 Threats that must be dealt with or they will do what they want to the opponent.
4 Fleet units that will be in opponents deployment zone turn 2. The rest will be there turn 3.
Mobile cover and anti-assault bubble.
24" anti-vehicle
18" anti-infantry

The major swap here for me to decide on is:
Swarmlord and 1 unit of H-gaunts for 2 Tervigons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts