Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CincyCon 1850 pt Tourney


Spent last Saturday at an Annual Local Convention CincyCon. Big turnout.
I played in the 40K tourney held by Art of War of Cincinnati. Terrain supplied by Martial Law.
See my list here.

I was in 1st place after round 1.
I played Andy.

His List as I remember:
Belial
3 Deathwing Terminator squads 2 with Cyclone, 1 with HF
2 squads of ?5 Melta Bikers
2 Devastator squads, 1 with 4 Plasma Cannons, 1 with 4 Missile Launchers
Venerable Dread TLLasC, ML

Good game, good guy.

I move to 2nd after round 2.
I played Charles of EmperorsCodex, eventual winner.

His List:
3 Zinch Heralds, bolt, chariot, master of sorc
2 units 6 Fiends
4 Blood Crushers, icon, instrument, rending
2 units 5 plague bearers
2 units 7 bloodletters
2 soulgrinders, phlegm
1 demon prince, mark of zinch, bolt, wings
2 units 3 screamers

Always a great game, thanks Charles!

I dropped to 5th after round 3. I played a fellow Martial Law guy.

His List as I remember:
2 DP Tzeentch Wings, 1 with Bolt/Warptime, 1 with Breath/Warptime
1 Greater Demon
3 squads of 5 Plasma Plague Marines Rhino
6 Nurgle Bikers
3 Defilers

Not the best game we played together.
There were too many rules disputes and shenanigans on his part...I gave up after turn 3.
The game was interrupted on turn 4 for a raffle and then we only had 15 min to finish the game.
If we ended the game after my turn 4, it would have been a DRAW and put me in 3rd. I was already upset over the crappy game thus far, I wasn't thinking straight, so we finished the game.

I won't be posting batreps for this event. I will link to some when they pop up on the other sites.

Charles Tuey 74 (1st Place) - Demons
Jordan 66 Marines ?
Eric Miller 61 (Best Painted) - Guard
Dickie Teager 61 Chaos Nurgle
Dave 57 (Players Choice) - Chaos Marines
Edge Tomlinson 53 Guard
Sean 49 ?
Brady Bugge 41 -Demons
Kenny Elliott 36 - Orks
Andy 0 - Dark Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts