Sunday, March 6, 2011

KY Con II Battle Reports 2/12/11 Game 4 vs Chaos

The fourth and final game of the day was against Mini-Me playing Chaos.


We had faced off once before at DBCC Fall 2009, he played Chaos then as well.
He had some great looking Oblits.

We were back on the first table I played on Game 1...I loved this table.

Mini-Me's list as I remember:
Nurgle DP
x3 Oblits x2
Vindicator
x2 Slaanesh Marines x5
x2 Plague Marines x5

See my list here.

Mission was Kill Them All (Annihilation) - Pitched Battle - Commander KIA +3 - Select Unit +1

I won the roll and went first.

Deployment and Turn 1:

I have to admit after he deployed, I commented it felt like we were playing WHFB...he said he was trying to give himself cover saves...

I Scouted the Valkyrie w/ Melta Vets to the right.


I shuffled everything and hid my unit he Selected.
The Demolishers and Executioner took out the 3 Oblits and wounded the Nurgle DP.
A few wounds on the two right squads.

He moved up on the left flank.
His Vindicator missed the Demolisher.
He didn't have anything else to hurt AV12...

Turn 2:


The Demolishers and Executioners cleared the left Slaanesh squad and the Valkyrie puts a few wounds on the two right sqauds.

He moved up the left flank.
His Vindicator missed the Demolisher.
Nurgle DP assaulted the Demolisher, Immobilizing it...

Turn 3:

I moved the Valkyrie to deploy the Melta Vets and shuffled the backfield to open up some fire lanes.
I popped the Vindi and cleared the two right squads to one Plague Marine.
I cleared the Nurgle DP and left squad of Plague Marines.

Nurgle doesn't like Plasma...no FNP...I like Plasma though!

Turn 4:

His lone Plague Marine was staring down the Valkyrie and Melta Vets...
He disappeared.

End result WIN 14/2 and 8/0 KP putting me back into 3rd place for the day.

I felt good for the day but at teh same time bad that it was such an Annihilation of Mini-Me.
He had quite a bit to drink for the day and I think he was tired...he said he wasn't looking forward to facing off against Mech IG.

Without Oblits, Chaos didn't have anything to hurt AV12...I was lucky to clear all three in one turn.

Thanks for the game J and thanks again to Wayno for a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts