Thursday, March 31, 2011

Krystal Keep Battle Reports 3/12/11 Games 1, 2 and 3


I am just going to do a synapsis this time around.
My camera didn't have batteries in it the first game, got some for the second game, and didn't take many pics for the third game...

My wife and child showed up and watched me get my ass handed to me by the eventual winner.
I HATE ORKS!

This was a W/L Tourney with 2 Tie-breakers, the first for our FLGS and I believe it was very effective.
The turnout was very receptive to the TO, Missions and Terrain.
The TO (Exitus Acta Probat) is a great guy who tries very hard to make all tables 'equal' as far as TLOS and cover terrain.

Game 1 vs Blood Angels - Dawn of War - Annihilation - KP
My opponent was a guy from Kentucky or Tennessee. He was mild-mannered and a good guy.
His army was a WIP Mech BA.
I got first turn and deployed behind cover refuse flank to the right. He deployed central and outflanked his Baals.
My first was devastating to him and by turn 3 he had an immobile Baal and a Tac squad in cover that was pinned. By the end of my turn 4 he had 1 Marine in cover...he conceded. I think I lost a Chimera.

Win for me - full points. Tied for 1st place.

Game 2 vs Chaos Marines - Diagonal Deploy - 5 Objectives - KP
MegaDave Talbot from 40K Underground out of Columbus, OH.
Always a pleasure to play against MegaDave and his army is a pleasure to look at, clean lines and well painted.

He posted a great batrep over on dakkadakka.

Thanks Dave for saving me the work!

Win for me - majority points. 2nd place.

Game 3 vs Orks - Pitched Battle - Annihilation - KP
My opponent was another guy from Kentucky or Tennessee. He was a good guy with a simple strategy.
He had 9 kannons, 2 units of 15 Lootas, 2 mobs of 30 Boyz, 6 man Nob Biker with Painboy squad with Warboss Biker.
He got first turn and Turbo-boosted to my deployment area. After 2 rounds of shooting I made the Bikers flee and kill the Boss but didn't have enough left to clear the 60 Boyz that followed. It was really over by the end of 3, I tried to hold on but got a lesson in ORKS, again...,

Loss for me - 0 points - put me into 5th place

I HATE ORKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts